- You may only become a Member if you are 18 years or over.
- Membership is non-transferable.
- Membership fees : Initial fees- Rs. 1000[ first time], Monthly- Rs. 100. Late Fine - Rs. 10 monthly. Total Membership enrollment fees- 1000+ 200[ 2 months fees]=Rs.1200 Life Time Membership Fees : 15000/-[ No monthly fees are required for life time member] (Revised fees effective from 01.04.2018)
- Membership fees shall not be refunded.
- Soul is committed to securing the privacy of your information
- We will not provide any of your personal information to other companies individuals unless to by law.
- Any fraudulent practice is punishable .Organisation has zero tolerance on it.
- Using SOUL as a professional medium for self benefit and doing any type of business dealing by using soul property or with SOUL members is not allowed.Here,management decision against dupe/s is final.
- SOUL will have the right to revise the membership fees anytime.
- A member is responsinble to support organisation by doing any of the activity/ies by Directly work with beneficeries or in office or in fundrasing or in online volunteering.
- SOUL reserves the right to change this policy at any time.
- You are not allowed to do anything that violates local, state, national or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- You are not allowed to use database of SOUL unless are authorised by management.
- We may modify, suspend or terminate your membership in our sole discretion, we determine that you have violated our terms and condition, including any of the policies or guidelines, that it is in the best interest of SOUL.
1. Copyright Notice
© Copyright SOUL . All rights reserved.
None of the materials provided on this Platform may be used, reproduced or transmitted, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the SOUL. Requests for such permission and further inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SOUL, OnlineVolunteering name and emblem are the exclusive property of SOUL. They are protected by law. Unauthorized use is prohibited. They may not be copied or reproduced in any way without the prior written permission of SOUL. Requests for permission should be sent to email@example.com.
II. Website Usage
“Extension” is an account in the Platform managed by an organization with whom SOUL has a written agreement.
“Extension Administrator” is a Registered User with special User rights granted to manage an Extension.
“Online Volunteer” is a Registered User who has applied for at least one online volunteering opportunity, and whose application has not been marked as rejected.
“Organization” is an organization that has submitted its application to register with the Platform, whose application has been accepted by the Site Administrator, whose account is publicly viewable on the Platform and can submit online volunteering opportunity postings.
“Registered User” is an individual who has completed the registration process anywhere on the Platform, including an Extension.
“User” means anyone who chooses to access this Platform.
4. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the User-submitted Platform content reflects the submissions of the Registered Users and do not necessarily represent the views of SOUL.
5. Although legal minors (age depends on country of residence/nationality) are allowed to access the Platform, in order for a User to become registered s/he has to be beyond the age of majority.
C. Legal status
1. The User, registered or otherwise, the User personnel and sub-Users shall not be considered in any respect as being the employee, staff or agent of SOUL.
2. An Online Volunteer shall not be deemed in any respect as being a SOUL Volunteer and as such shall not benefit from this status.
3. An Organization account on the Platform or an Extension shall neither be construed as an endorsement or recommendation on the part of SOUL.
D. Observance of the law
The User, registered or otherwise, shall comply with all laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations bearing upon the performance of its obligations under the terms of this Agreement.
E. Child labour
The User, registered or otherwise, represents and warrants that neither s/he, nor any of her/his suppliers is engaged in any practice inconsistent with the rights set forth in the Convention on the Rights of the Child, including CLPR Act,1986, thereof, which, inter alia, requires that a child shall be protected from performing any work that is likely to be hazardous or to interfere with the child's education, or to be harmful to the child's health or physical mental, spiritual, moral or social development.
F. Country and area nomenclature; mention of companies or products
1. The use of particular designations of countries or territories does not imply any judgment by SOUL as to the legal status of such countries or territories, of their authorities and institutions or of the delimitation of their boundaries. The designations "developed" and "developing" regions are intended for statistical and analytical convenience and do not necessarily express a judgment about the stage reached by a particular country or area in the development process.
2. The mention of names of specific companies or products (whether or not indicated as registered) does not imply any intention to infringe proprietary rights, nor should it be construed as an endorsement or recommendation on the part of SOUL.
G. Privileges and Immunities
Nothing herein or relating to this Agreement shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of, express or implied, of any of the privileges and immunities of SOUL, which are specifically reserved.
H. Settlement of disputes
1. Amicable Settlement: Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of this Agreement or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof shall be settled amicably. Where such an amicable settlement is sought to be done through conciliation, the conciliation shall take place in accordance with the SOUL Conciliation Rules then obtaining, or according to such other procedure as may be agreed between the Parties.
2. Arbitration: Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of the Agreement or the breach, termination, or invalidity thereof, unless settled amicably, within sixty (60) days after receipt by one Party of the other Party’s written request for such amicable settlement, shall be referred to arbitration in accordance with the SOUL .Arbitration Rules then obtaining. The decisions of the arbitral tribunal shall be based on Kolkata,WestBengal,India. For all evidentiary questions, the arbitral tribunal shall be guided by the Supplementary Rules Governing the Presentation and Reception of Evidence in High Court,Kolkata. The arbitral tribunal shall be empowered to order the return or destruction of goods or any property, whether tangible or intangible, or of any confidential information provided under the Agreement, order the termination of the Agreement, or order that any other protective measures be taken with respect to the goods, services or any other property, whether tangible or intangible, or of any confidential information provided under the Agreement, as appropriate, all in accordance with the authority of the SOUL Arbitration Rules. All Parties shall be bound by any arbitration award rendered as a result of such arbitration as the final adjudication of any such dispute, controversy, or claim.
1. SOUL reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Platform or any Content in any respect. SOUL shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User, registered or otherwise, into consideration in connection therewith.
2. SOUL reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any User, registered or otherwise, access to this Platform or any portion thereof without notice and terminate without cause this Agreement immediately at any time upon without incurring any liability whatsoever.
3. No waiver by SOUL of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly authorized representative.
J. Use a Disclaimer
Unless your communication has been officially authorized by SOUL team, make it clear that the views you are expressing are yours alone and not necessarily those of SOUL.
As the nature of online volunteering means a lot of contact between computers -- e-mails, attachments, transfers of files, etc, there is the inherent peril of transmitting computer viruses during online interactions. We strongly advise all our online volunteers to keep and use updated anti-virus software to minimize risk of transmitting /being affected by viruses, at the least for their own computers’ safety. Computer Virus protection for your own computer is your own responsibility.
SOUL would, from our end, like to assure you, our Virtual Volunteer
1. Your safety is of utmost importance to us. SOUL will not release your contact details/ personal information to anyone outside of our organization without your written permission to do so. Upon completion of assignments, SOUL lists volunteers, assignments done, along with their city of residence and email address on one page of the SOUL website. SOUL is happy to oblige volunteers if they wish to remain anonymous if requested for the same. 2. You can be assured of virus proof emails from our end as all our communications are scanned and our anti-virus protections are up-to-date. 3. You will be duly acknowledged for your contributions. Upon completion of assignment, you would be given a certificate of Acknowledgement from your project mentor.
Accountability to the Organization
∙ Volunteers are expected to respect the Mission, Vision, Values and goals of SOUL.
Volunteers/Interns are expected to act with integrity, respect and respond to others with whom they interact during the course of Volunteering.
Offer constructive feedback about our organization, in case if you have any in an appropriate manner.
Don’t engage in charity services in the name of SOUL. Do not collect or distribute clothes, stationery or other materials in the community and do not make any promises.
Take your commitment to heart and perform your tasks to the best of your ability. Adhere to time schedules and time frame for completion
Be open to feedback from the Supervisor and incorporate the same. Certificate of the Acknowledgement will be given to the volunteers only after their assignment has been checked and approved by the supervisor.
If you have taken a responsibility, honor it or inform the SOUL mentor in advance, in case if you are not able to accomplish it.
SOUL Social Media Norms and Guidelines
Social media websites (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, and many others) that allow users to post personal content have become increasingly popular. The Code of Conduct for SOUL Interns and Volunteers applies to all online activities, including social media. SOUL’s Policy regarding use of office equipment also applies to social networking behavior. SOUL has established the following norms and guidelines for the use of social media and social networking sites by SOUL Interns and Volunteers: – Use of your SOUL email address for social net-working (e.g., blogs, Face-book, Twitter, LinkedIn) is not permitted. – Do not identify yourself as a member of SOUL staff in social media. – While engaging in social networking, you must avoid the risk of conflict with official duties and should avoid the appearance of impropriety. – Do not discuss, post or leak confidential SOUL in-formation. – Do not discuss your job responsibilities for SOUL on the Internet. – Maintain professionalism, honesty, and respect. Your on-line dialogue is subject to the same bounds of civility required at work. SOUL Volunteers must comply with laws covering libel and defamation of character even after the term of your internship is over with SOUL. – Be Accurate in the information that you post. Even though your posts may be primarily personal opinion, do your research well and check that your facts are accurate. Make sure any news you report has been verified. Check links before you re-tweet or re-post something to make sure the link works. – Make sure you have permission to post any copyrighted or confidential information (e.g., images). If you re-tweet, share or otherwise link to someone else’s content, give that person credit. – Citing, tagging or identifying volunteers and other stakeholders – ensure approval is obtained first – Avoid negative commentary regarding SOUL. – Observe security protocol. Volunteers must take care to avoid doing things that would compromise the security of SOUL and its personnel. – Views expressed are your own and cannot be shown asreflecting SOUL’s viewpoint. – Do not post any content on behalf of SOULwithout prior consent from SOUL. – Whenever using materials / data given by SOUL or created by you for SOUL please give credits to SOUL as source of info and tag SOUL to it. – Avoid using social media as a tool to address grievances with SOUL even after the term of your intern-ship is over with SOUL. SOUL reserves the right to monitor its volunteers’ use of social media by monitoring its volunteers’ Internet activities as set forth in the SOUL Policy Regarding Use of Office Equipment. If SOUL has just cause for believing that any volunteer has acted contrary to this Policy, SOUL reserves the right to visit and monitor social media sites to ensure compliance with the SOUL’s Social Media and Social Networking Policy.
SOUL Brand Norms
The communications are the face of a brand, and different faces each time can confuse the target audience and affect their trust. Therefore, it is important to follow brand guidelines, to create a trust-worthy and a recognizable brand. Hence SOUL volunteers are expected to follow the SOUL brand guidelines while making any communication materials.
– SOUL encourages volunteers to come up innovative communication materials on the basis of same graphical language and tone that SOUL has developed over a period of time.
– Avoid social development jargon. Use a sensible, sensitive tone that rings true with reason.
– While using children’s image one need to be sensitive. SOUL doesn’t encourage the use of sad and gloomy image and it should not violate the integrity and dignity of the child.
– All communication materials prepared by volunteers need to be approved by SOUL communications unit in the location. Volunteers may reach the communication person through their respective SOUL mentor.
– SOUL logo cannot be use in any of the campus/corporate events/activities, online spaces and communication materials without the prior approval/verification from the respective SOUL mentor and the SOUL Communications unit.
– Volunteer Blogs, social media links or any online activities to be initiated in consultation with the concerned SOUL mentor and the approval of the SOUL’s Communications unit.
– In terms volunteers holding events that involves multiple partners, it should be discussed and MoU to be signed in terms of basic terms and conditions agreed by both parties. Use of SOUL logo along with other partner logo’s to be discussed prior to the event and agreed upon.
– Communication materials include both printed and online materials.
– If you require a detailed CRY brand guidelines, please contact your respective SOUL mentor
I agree in this terms & conditions.